Make a difference in our community
We could not operate our ReStore without the hard work and dedication of generous volunteers like you. Your work helps the ReStore support Habitat for Humanity of McLean County and our community as a whole.
Volunteer tasks can include cleaning and pricing items, greeting customers, or working at the register. We also love when you share your special skills in design, marketing, IT, sales, maintenance, etc. No minimum time commitment is required to become a volunteer. Read below to learn how to get started.
If you'd like to help build Habitat homes directly on a work site, find out how here.
Volunteering is as easy as 1-2-3!
*We make special arrangements with groups from around the community. Contact us directly to set up a time for your group to volunteer.
1. Attend a 1-hour orientation
- Orientations are held at 9am Tuesday-Friday and 8am Saturday. Click here to sign up for an orientation training.
- You must be at least 16 years old to volunteer. Volunteers under 18 must have parent/guardian approval.
2. Start volunteering at the ReStore
- As a volunteer, you will complete a variety of vital tasks to ensure the ReStore runs effectively.
- While volunteering, you must wear closed toe shoes.
- You can volunteer any time during our business hours and commit as much time as you have to offer—no scheduling necessary.
3. Help build homes and hope
- Your contributions help Habitat for Humanity of McLean County eliminate substandard housing in our community.
- Meet new people and potentially create lasting connections.
- You'll get a free t-shirt and store discount once you volunteer enough hours.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.