Volunteering is as easy as 1-2-3!
Volunteer tasks can include cleaning and pricing items, greeting customers, or working at the register. We also love when you share your special skills in graphic design, marketing, IT, sales, maintenance, etc. No minimum time commitment is required to become a ReStore volunteer in Bloomington, IL. Read below to learn how to get started.
*We make special arrangements with groups from around the community. Contact us directly to set up a time for your group to volunteer.
1. Attend an orientation
Orientations are held at 9 am on Thursdays and Saturdays. They generally last 1.5 hours. Sign up for an orientation training by clicking on the calendar link below. View upcoming dates for orientations, select one to create an account, and get started.
- Volunteers under 18 must have parent/guardian approval. Volunteers 14 or 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult. We cannot accept volunteers younger than 14 years old.
2. Start volunteering at ReStore
- You can volunteer any time during our business hours and commit as much time as you have to offer—no scheduling necessary.
- As a volunteer at our location in Bloomington, IL, you will complete a variety of vital tasks to ensure the ReStore runs effectively.
- While volunteering, it is a requirement that you must wear closed toe shoes.
3. Help build homes and hope
- Your contributions help Habitat for Humanity of McLean County eliminate substandard housing in our community.
- Meet new people and potentially create lasting connections.
- You'll get a free t-shirt and store discount once you volunteer enough hours.
Make a difference in our community
We could not operate our ReStore without the hard work and dedication of generous volunteers like you. Your work helps the ReStore support Habitat for Humanity of McLean County and our community as a whole.
If you'd like to help build Habitat homes directly on a work site, find out how here.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.