Make a difference in our community
We could not operate our ReStore without the hard work and dedication of generous volunteers like you. Your work helps the ReStore support Habitat for Humanity of McLean County and our community as a whole.
Volunteer tasks can include cleaning and pricing items, greeting customers, or working at the register. We also love when you share your special skills in design, marketing, IT, sales, maintenance, etc. No minimum time commitment is required to become a volunteer. Read below to learn how to get started.
If you'd like to help build Habitat homes directly on a work site, find out how here.
Volunteering is as easy as 1-2-3!
*We make special arrangements with groups from around the community. Contact us directly to set up a time for your group to volunteer.
1. Attend an orientation
- Orientations are held at 9am on Wednesdays and Saturdays. They generally last 1.5 hours. Click here to sign up for an orientation training.
- Volunteers under 18 must have parent/guardian approval. Volunteers 14 or 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult. We cannot accept volunteers younger than 14 years old.
2. Start volunteering
- You can volunteer any time during our business hours and commit as much time as you have to offer—no scheduling necessary.
- As a volunteer, you will complete a variety of vital tasks to ensure the ReStore runs effectively.
- While volunteering, you must wear closed toe shoes.
3. Help build homes and hope
- Your contributions help Habitat for Humanity of McLean County eliminate substandard housing in our community.
- Meet new people and potentially create lasting connections.
- You'll get a free t-shirt and store discount once you volunteer enough hours.
Contact us at email@example.com.